Wednesday, February 2, 2011

When It's Cold...

we spend way more time inside the house than we really want to, but we're doing our best to still have fun. Both Jake and I love (and I think need) to be out and about with at least one destination in a day. The freezing temps hit Tuesday, and we have made it out somewhere both yesterday and today, but we're still stuck at home a lot. I have definitely realized I take playing outside for granted. I am so thankful for the opportunity to live in a place where we are able to play outside so often throughout the year. Outside play seems to be a near necessity for my all-boy boy.

With being inside, we are making good use of all our toys and getting a bit more TV time than usual. So with all our inside time, I'm going to try to highlight some of Jake's favorite toys/indoor activities. If I do what I intend, I'll end with several short posts over the next couple days. The first fav is the dog care kit he got for Christmas from cousins Tracy and Mark. Jake LOVES it, and it is great for imaginary play. Here's Jake with a goofy grin showing off his doggy and scissors for a trim...

A stethoscope to check doggie...and to also check out Jake (and Mommy, and Daddy) to make sure we're all still beating...I don't know what this instrument is called, but it helps Jake check out all his animals' ears...The kit also came with a dog bowl and food, which Jake loves to fill up so that everyone can eat! If Jake grows up to become a vet, we'll be able to trace his love all the way back till age 2 and this great Christmas gift. We'll owe it all to Tracy and Mark!

No comments: