Sunday, February 6, 2011

Our Fort

It's my personal opinion that fort making is vital to one's childhood. I distinctly remember making forts when I was little (and that's a pretty big deal, because my memory stinks), and I know Kevin has memories too. I like that you can make games of both the process of building it, and also the end result. Here's a look at our process and end result. I want to also add that when it comes to building forts at our house, Kevin is usually the key builder, so I want to give credit where credit is earned:

Whenever we build forts with Jake, we gather up all his stuffed animal friends to join us inside. Here's Jake starting the gathering...
And some more...
Here's Jake doing his best to help hold it up while we work to secure the sides...Here's a glimpse of what it looked like...
We used Jake's rocket ship tent as a cool entryway to the tent. Jake loved going in and out the tube...
I see you...
When it was all finished, and all our friends were gathered, we got inside and started introducing everyone. It's definitely important that your guests know each other in order to have a successful play group. Jake and Daddy are helping Woody and Charlie Brown get to know each other...

No comments: