Monday, February 28, 2011

Back tracking

I've been a slacker when it comes to blogging lately, so I'm going to do a little back tracking so I can catch up.

We had a great Valentine's Day. Kevin and I enjoyed a nice date night on the 13th while Jake had fun playing with his friends, Brady and Emily. The Saturday before Valentine's, the library had a special party. Here's the Valentine's hat Jake made at the library...
I made a special cake for my boys on Valentine's Day. Yummy strawberry with homemade cream cheese icing. For those who like strawberry cake: this was delicious and all I did was buy strawberry cake mix and substitute strawberry soda (soft drink) for the water. It's definitely worth a try! Gotta like the strawberry hearts...

Jake got sweet cards from his grandparents. Here he is opening his cards from Papa and Grandmama. They played music which he loved...
If you look closely in this pic, you can see Jake is holding Lightning McQueen. After losing one Lightning a couple months ago, we surprised him with a new one on V-day. He loves it, and has hardly been without it since...

2 comments:

Caren said...

Aw, Anderson has a "Yightning MaKeen" that he carries around all day, too. Cute boys! And the cake looks yummy!

Ashley said...

Mmmmmmm.....strawberry soda cake? Yes please!