Monday, February 28, 2011

Aunt Kellie

I had the pleasure of staying with Chad and Cassy to help out with their kids. Of course, I'm always willing to be of help, but the help was especially needed now this precious girl has joined the family...
Campbell Reese joined our family on January 13, and I hadn't had the opportunity to meet her yet. Unfortunately, Kevin and Jake still haven't met her, but we'll be back soon over Spring Break.
She was a super sweet, easy baby to care for; plus I got to dress her up in girlie clothes and bows! I didn't realize until Cassy pointed it out, but I had been standing with my back arched to help support Campbell. I'm not used to a newborn, and my back let me know it for the next couple days.
I also had the delight to spend time with Cohen and Channing too. Channing is so cute and I especially love her beautiful eyes...

Cohen is such a big boy and a great big brother. One day as I was putting Cohen down for his nap, I set Campbell down on his floor so that we could read together. He immediately told me that he wanted her up with him on the bed, so the 3 of us had storytime together. He was so gentle, patient and loving: a great big brother to two little girls.
It was a blessing for me to spend great quality time with my nephew and nieces, and a reminder of how happy I am for Jake to have cousins whom I hope he is close to as he grows up.

No comments: