Friday, January 30, 2009

Some pics from the week

I opened up Jake's gym for the first time because he's been a lot more awake during the day. I don't think he really appreciates it yet. In fact, I think I was much more intrigued than he was---the thing is really cool. Here he is enjoying looking at himself in the mirror. Those who know Kevin and I, know we like to watch TV together. In fact, we've had conversations about how we're going to have to make an effort to turn the TV off more because we don't want Jake to always be glued to it. Anyhow, here are father and son enjoying some TV together--at least father is enjoying the TV. I don't think Jake can see that far yet. Isn't it funny they are posed alike? I promise we didn't set that up!
Here's my very favorite picture. Many of you know that our pediatrician has had a "minor concern" regarding Jake's weight. Due to this concern, we've been to see him for two additional weight checks and have been on a tight feeding schedule, including waking Jake up in the middle of the night to eat. Monday we went for our weight check and he weighed 9 pounds 1 ounce!! This is one whole pound more than ten days prior. It was such a relief for us, and we are so proud he is growing to be a big boy. This bath pic shows his growing belly as well as his growing thighs. I'm determined to get my chubby baby sooner or later!

3 comments:

JoeSlice said...

I love the just-ate-alien-in-my-belly picture!

Noelle said...

I love the bathtub picture. His little belly is so round. It's cute. I bet you'll get a chubby baby pretty soon. He looks like he's been eating good to me.

Chez said...

I MISS YOU JAKE!!!!