Saturday, January 10, 2009

What a difference a week makes

So, as Cassy said Jake arrived. I won't go into all the labor and delivery details, but basically I went in to labor at home around 6:00 AM on Friday, January 2, and he arrived at 7:17 PM on Friday, January 2. God has blessed us with a healthy boy and I couldn't ask for anything more. It's hard to believe that just over a week ago, he was still in my tummy. Here is the last pregnant pic taken of me. This was taken on December 31, two days before he was born.
Here's our new family, just minutes after his arrival. We came home from the hospital on Sunday. We were welcomed by both sets of grandparents and Uncle Chad and Aunt Cassy. I immediately wanted to show him his room. Here is his first experience being rocked in the glider.


4 comments:

myra said...

So fun! Keep up the blogging and posting pics!

Heather said...

Isn't being a mom awesome?!? I know you've got Cassy, but I'll be happy to answer any questions that might come up!

Amber said...

Oh my goodness, Kellie! He is so sweet & BEAUTIFUL! Ya'll did great! I cannot wait to meet him & love on him! XOXO Amber

Noelle said...

He is so handsome. Also, you look awesome in that "shortly after birth" picture. You definitely do not look like you had just given birth. And you looked great at church today. I'm sorry I didn't get to speak to y'all. Congratulations again! Welcome to mommyhood. It's the best thing ever.