Monday, January 12, 2009

Wow! Look at all the people who love me...

Jake is blessed to be surrounded by loving and caring friends and family. He was greeted into this world by people who have already been praying for him. Here are just a few of the people who love and care for him. Of course, I have to start with his grandparents. These are my parents who live in Aledo (west of Fort Worth), Grandpapa and Grandmama.Kevin's parents live in Gainesville, Big T and Nana Jake's only blood-related aunt and uncle, Chad and Cassy. I say this because although I am an only child, I definitely have a few close friends who will take-on "aunt" roles in Jake's life.One of Kevin's cousins lives in San Antonio and made the trip with her family to meet Jake at the hospital. This is Kelly (Kevin's cousin), her husband Rodney, and their kids, Ryan and Brittany. I LOVE this family. Kevin has lots of great cousins, but I feel like I've had a great opportunity to especially get to know this family since we live pretty close together. They are a great Christian family and have done an amazing job with their kids. Kelly is definitely someone I will call on for parenting advice.Brian and Elizabeth Bramlett came over our first day home. They live less than 5 minutes away. It's really cool to have good friends so close by.Chez and Cody also dropped Jake a visit at the hospital. Chez and Cody are very special friends to us. We mesh really well as friends, plus we have the opportunity to be huddle leaders together. Although Jake has definitely changed our lives, we hope that his addition doesn't alter our friendship with the Dishmans.This is Wilson and Tanya Robertson. They are definitely one-up on us with parenting experience. They have two adorable daughters, Mia and Ally. It's been a joy seeing them and their family grow.

David and Merry Culp host the young marrieds care group we attend. We are so blessed to have their insight and guidance. In many ways, they serve as parents to many of our young married class whose parents live in other cities and states. Thank you, David and Merry, for your continuous generosity, hospitality, love and prayers. Here is Joe Pollard with Jake. Kim has actually visited Jake twice--in the hospital and at home, but somehow we did not get a picture. Joe and Kim are special to us largely due to their love and support through some of the more difficult parts of our attempt to start a family and pregnancy. Thanks to Kim, I have a wonderful doctor who delivered Jake. They have a beautiful son, Ryan, who just turned 1. We are excited to join them in the endeavor of raising a son.

Caren George came to visit, taking a break from her new addition, Anderson. The Georges just welcomed a baby boy into their family. Anderson is exactly 4 weeks older than Jake--an automatic friendship is formed.

3 comments:

Kim P. said...

He is definitely loved!! What a neat post! I did not do a very good job of taking pictures of Ryan's visitors when he was an infant. You've done a great job documenting just a few of the people that love this little baby boy! I'm so glad to be one of them, and I can't wait to hold him again soon =)

Elizabeth said...

Cute post. Thanks for including us. I am back in town and will be checking in with you soon!

Whitney said...

Congratulations- he's a cutie! I'm glad to see that you guys are adjusting so well to parenthood- it's quite a change! Reading your blog completely reminded me of those first few weeks after Austin was born- so special! I'll be checking back soon for more pics! Oh, love the nursery too!