Monday, January 19, 2009

My sweet and handsome guys

I want to take a minute to brag on the two guys in my life. The first Wednesday home from the hospital, Kevin came home from work with these flowers. The card read, "Mom--Thanks for everything. I love you! Jake" I was in tears when I saw them. I couldn't ask for more in a husband, and now I'm blessed to have a beautiful son. Kevin and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary the day after Jake was born. Now every year of my life will start with reminders of who is most important to me. January 2 is the birthday of my first son, and January 3 is the wedding anniversary of the man I love with everything and who I couldn't imagine my life without. Kevin, I love you so much and I'm already overjoyed by seeing what an amazing dad you are. Jake, it's truly amazing to hold a miracle in my hands everyday. Thank you for giving me the gift of motherhood. I love you.
We actually ventured out to church the past two Sundays. Last Sunday, we slipped in a little late to the 9:00 service and slipped out after a few introductions when service was over. Jake was asleep the entire time--it was a breeze. Here is Jake's first church outfit. This Sunday, we attempted to make it to the 9:00 service, but plans were changed when Jake had a spit-up fest right as it was time to leave. We arrived for class in outfit #3, and left after 2nd service in outfit #4--pajamas. This time, Jake was awake nearly the entire time and needed to eat twice. Things weren't nearly as easy as last week, but it feels nice to be out as a family.
Here they are.....I love you guys. Thank you for making me a proud wife and mom. God has truly blessed our family.



4 comments:

Kim P. said...

What a sweet post! We totally missed you at church yesterday! I feel your pain on the spit up and numerous outfits. Some days are just like that. I'm impressed you made it to class and church though! I did a whole blog post about Ryan's spit up once where I took pictures of all the outfits he wore in just one day. I'm so glad that you have such wonderful guys in your life, and the flowers and note are so sweet!

Noelle said...

That was so sweet...of you and Kevin. You are doing great. We didn't go to church until Luc was about 3 weeks old and Sunday school when he was a few months. You look completely natural taking care of Jake too. You and Kevin are going to be such great parents.

JoeSlice said...

Tell Kevin I think his kid looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

I tried to leave a comment earlier, but I am not sure it worked so I am trying again! Congratulations to you both...he is absolutely beautiful and the two of you look like naturals! God bless your family...