Sunday, October 11, 2009

Wonderful 3 Day Weekend!

Our weekend started on Friday because Kevin took off work in order to give me "Mommy's day off." It's my opinion that every so often, even if you love your job, you will have days when you need a break. Well, I was feeling that way about my job as Mom at the start of the week, so my sweet husband offered to take off from his job so he could take over mine for a while. He told me he would take off on one condition: I wasn't allowed to do ANY chores on my day off....no objection here. The day was AWESOME. The morning was just for me. Kevin took over for Jake (and even went grocery shopping!!) while I lied in bed and read, watched DVR'd episodes of Grey's Anatomy and Oprah all the way through without any interuptions, blogged, soaked in the calm and peacefulness of a quiet house, and just generally relaxed. Kevin is a wonderful husband and dad. I am blessed to have someone who is attentive and sensitive to both Jake and my needs. Thanks honey, for the wonderful break. I love you. Jake had a great time with Daddy!
We also enjoyed family time in the afternoon. The rainy, chilly weather put a little damper on things, but we managed to get outside for a walk between showers. Jake was happy to get some fresh air...Check out this goofy grin. We're seeing this one pretty frequently these days...
Nana and Big T came in for a quick trip, so we got in lots of good play time. Nana knew exactly how to bring out Jake's giggles...
Jake also showed Nana how he can throw the ball...

Of course, Big T got in on the fun too. Jake taught him all his favorite places to crawl around...
I know you can't see Big T in this picture, but Jake's looking right at him, like, "Hey, are you coming?"Of course a grandparents' visit isn't complete without some eating out. We enjoyed some Mighty Fine hamburgers and yummy Mexican food. Jake wasn't really able to enjoy the food too much, but he definitely enjoyed the water...
After saying our good-byes to Nana and Big T :-(... it was back to the 3 of us Sunday afternoon. Now that Jake is into everything, it was time to install a few safety latches for the cabinets. Both Kevin and Jake worked really hard getting them in...

Hope your weekend was as great as ours. Have a great week!

2 comments:

Noelle said...

Man, I'm jealous. I should have come and laid in bed with you and watching TV all morning. How relaxing!

Kim P. said...

I'm so glad you got a day off! That's awesome that Kevin did that, and you definitely deserve it. You're a great mom but it's an exhausting job! Glad you had such a fun weekend, and I enjoyed seeing Jake running around today =)