Tuesday, October 20, 2009

It's the perfect weather for....

anything and everything outside!!! I absolutely love this kind of weather. In the fall, I'm so excited for the cooler temperatures and relief from the heat, and in the spring I'm ready again for sunshine and short sleeves. Jake loves being outside, so I appreciate this weather even more when I'm trying to keep him happy and entertained. We are able to go on longer walks, and often go on 2-3 walks a day! We also love going to the park, especially with friends. Here are Jake and Mia playing in the sand...I was hesitant to let Jake crawl around in the sand because he really likes to put parts of nature (rocks, leaves, bugs, etc.) in his mouth, and I can't trust that he won't eat those things. I was feeling rather brave (and tired of carrying him around) so we gave it a try. He did pretty well. He really liked to feel the sand on his fingers, and only tried to eat nature a couple times.
It's always fun for me to watch Jake interact with other kids. Here he is with Mia and Ally. Mia, already an expert at being on older sister, is especially great around Jake. She's super sweet and always comes up to talk to him.
A park visit isn't complete without a ride on the swing. What a happy boy! Thank you, God, for such amazing weather. It's really a reminder of Your amazing creation.

1 comment:

Wendi said...

He is so cute! And we are loving the weather, too.