Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Just a little touch of...

FALL!!! I love fall. I love the colors of fall, the cool weather, the beginning of the holiday season, and I love special decorating. I really love decorating for all holidays and seasons, but it seems like fall marks the beginning of the most fun decor. If I had endless money, I would definitely splurge a lot on holiday decor. Even though that's not the case, I've managed to add little touches here and there that make me smile. Here's our front door. I've been waiting very patiently for Kevin to get this wreath down from the attic, and this weekend he did! I love our scarecrows. I got them several years ago on sale at Garden Ridge. They go great on the bench on our front porch. Jake definitely found them interesting. Of course I couldn't post without at least one pic of Jake...
This is on our dining room table when you first walk in. I have the glass holder there year round, but it usually just holds a red candle. For fall, I get to spruce it up a bit. Here's our kitchen "bar counter." It's usually pretty empty, but now I have this candle with the cute holder, some Halloween candles, and Halloween candy bowl.
This is on our table in the breakfast/kitchen area (the table we actually use everyday). I LOVE this glass hurricane. I have it out year-round and change the inside candle and decor according to the season/holiday. What fun!
Cute little pumpkin guy on our mantle...
Cute little jack-o-lantern on the entertainment center...
And finally, a touch of fall in the guest bathroom. I also put out fall towels and potholder in the kitchen, but have realized that Jake loves to pull these down, so I've just about given up on the kitchen towels. It is my hope that one day Jake will enjoy holiday decorating with me. I want this to be a special time of year, and I hope the decorating is just one of the many special things we can do together as a family to make the holidays fun.

3 comments:

Kim P. said...

I was so excited to change decorations that I did my fall ones several weeks ago. I'm so sad that I can't find my fall wreath though! All the fall touches look really cute.

Ashley said...

I LOVE it all- looks super cute! Fall is the best.

PS. Kim, I finally found a cute fall wreath at Jo Ann's. Last weekend they had all their fall stuff buy one get one free!

Charis said...

Your house looks so great! i love decorating for fall, then Christmas too. I am always SO sad in January when I have to take down all the decorations. My house looks so boring afterwards :) Thanks for sharing!