Saturday, October 17, 2009

Crazy Fun

Over the past month, it's been raining a ton! One day last week, we went out for our walk as usual. It was overcast, but with no rain and the temperature was great. Well, I should have watched the forecast beyond just the temperature because we got caught in the rain. Luckily, we were pretty close to home so we weren't too drenched. It actually gave the morning some unexpected fun. Once we got home, we stayed in the garage for a while to watch the beautiful rain. Jake loves the water; rain included. I think he would have been perfectly content if we would have continued on our walk...

I feel the need to preface the following picture by saying we do not allow our baby to play with the oven. We are very well aware it is not a toy and could cause serious injury, so it is one of the things in the house that is off limits. Now, with that being said; so far as a parent I've learned you can't really believe what your children will do until you see it with your own eyes. One moment Jake was cruising along the kitchen cabinets....the next he was trying to scale the oven! Yes, it appears he's actually trying to climb up. Luckily it was not on, and he's not nearly strong enough to pull down the door, but this moment reinforced the need to keep our eyes open. I just had to capture this on film because I could not believe my eyes!!

No comments: