Monday, February 23, 2009

Spoiled with love

Kevin's parents came to visit this weekend. It was great to spend time with them, and we were all spoiled by their presence. Jake got lots of loving and holding time. Kevin and I got extra sleep because we had help for the "early morning shift," and a date night. It's been really special having both sets of grandparents here over the last couple weeks. Jake loves the attention, and we love seeing our parents spoil their grandson. I didn't get any family pictures this weekend, but I took several trying to capture a smile for the baby announcements. I didn't get a smile, but here's a sampling of the pictures.




I feel like it's important to devote one blog entry to the first "child" in Kevin and I's lives, Skylar. Although we've never actually treated Skylar like a baby or child, she has been a part of our lives ever since Kevin and I began dating. Kevin and his roommates got her in college, and the rest is history. She really is a good dog; although she is deathly afraid of fireworks and thunderstorms. She is definitely aware there is something new around taking all of Mommy and Daddy's attention, but we are lucky she is so laid back and great with Jake. I really believe Skylar has a motherly nature, although she's never had puppies. If nothing else, she definitely loves that I'm home during the day and getting to go on walks with Jake and me. Here's a pic of both our "kids."

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love the third picture of Jake. So cute!

Krystopher'sMommy said...

All of those pictures are adorable, but especially the one on the bottom! Too cute!