Monday, January 21, 2013

Jake turns 4!

Jake turned 4 on January 2.  I can hardly believe it.  I LOVED age 3 and I'm certain I'll also love 4.  This stage of childhood is so great, and I'm blessed to be home to see it on a daily basis.  We started Jake's birthday off with a special breakfast.  This year I surprised him with mini pancake funny guys.  He was excited about the surprise and seemed to love the pancakes...
Here's all our pancake guys...
I found UT football guys at Terra Toys and it was the perfect gift for Jake.  For months, he's been using many different small objects like marbles or parts to other games to play football with them.  Now he actually has the real football players.  He immediately wanted to set it all up and begin playing...
Here are Jake and Daddy working on some plays...
Jake had already had birthday cakes with each set of grandparents and will have his special UT basketball birthday celebration at the start of February, so we all decided to stick to what he truly loves the best; ice cream!  We put his candles right into the ice cream container while we sang happy birthday.  Here's our big 4-year-old...
Once I've officially caught up on posts, I plan to post a special Jake post of all the things I want to remember about him at this age, so stayed tuned!

No comments: