Monday, January 21, 2013

9 years

Kevin and I celebrated our 9th anniversary on January 3.  I generally keep the content of this blog focused around Jake and our family as a whole, but I think it's important for our kids to know how important Kevin and I's relationship is.  In fact, without our love and relationship, there truly is no family, so I definitely think it's something to be acknowledged and celebrated. 
 
I am so blessed to be in a marriage with someone who loves and supports me through everything.  Kevin is patient and he's the best listener.  Kevin is my biggest encourager, and has a strength of showering me with verbal praise and affection.  He's a very attentive and active father.  He is so good engaging Jake and spending quality time with him.  He is very creative and imaginative; way more then me, and these strengths add a lot to who Jake is.  Jake (and all of Jake's friends) adore him, and it's easy to see the reason is due to the personal attention and easy manner he has with them.  I'm also really proud of the role he has a a teacher, coach, and church youth volunteer.  Children are so important to me, and I firmly believe every child is a gift from God and deserves love and support regardless of age, behavior, or circumstance.  Kevin has devoted his career to guiding young people and helping them grow intellectually, physically, emotionally, and even spiritually.  Public education gets such negative attention, but I'm proud that Kevin is a teacher and a coach in the public school system. He is a good, effective teacher, and I am certain his students and players' lives are positively impacted by his presence. 
 
I can hardly believe we've been married for 9 years and been together for over 12.  It does not feel that long, and I'm excited to venture into the future with him.  I love you so much, honey.  Happy 9 years! 
Kevin and I actually went on a date to celebrate 9 years!  It was a wonderful evening.
 Here we are before we headed out. 

No comments: