Sunday, May 9, 2010

Why is this a special day?

It's not really because of who I am or something I've done; it's more about a special gift from God. It is because God gave me this beautiful boy that I am honored to be among all the incredibly strong women who have the title, "Mother." I am both humbled and proud (a bit oxymoronic, but completely sensible) to have this title, and I pray daily I can be the Mom to Jake God calls me to be. He brings me so much joy. Much of that joy also comes from my wonderful husband who treated me to a wonderful day. The day ended with laughter as my two boys were up to their silly shenanigans. I've posted once about trying out new hairstyles during bath. Let me share a couple more. Can you guess what we call this?
Here's a clue...
Yes, it's the Eddie Munster look! What about this one?
Another clue....
We have our own little triceratops (two-horned dinosaur) lurking about!
It was hilarious watching Jake check himself out in the mirror. "Hey, who's that guy?"
"Lookin' pretty good, if I do say so myself!"

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I love seeing so much personality coming through in those pics. Gotta love Daddy/son time or in my case, Papa/daughter time. Daddy's just come up with the most random things to do, yet your kid loves it and has a grand ol' time!