Friday, May 7, 2010

The First Splash of Summer

We headed out to our first water fun of 2010 at Brushy Creek Lake Park's fountain area. I had high hopes of Jake instantly loving it and running around with reckless abandon enjoying the water. Well, that's not exactly what happened. Unfortunately, I cannot tell my tale in pictures because Mommy had to get very wet for this little adventure, so I just snapped a couple of pre-water shots because there's nothing cuter than toddlers in swimsuits. Here's his bodacious beach bod... This was the look on his face for a lot of our time out there. At first he seemed super excited to join in the fun, but once he actually got close he was a little unsure of the whole situation. Yes, the water was a little chilly at first, but I personally think it felt great--especially considering my car thermostat read 93 degrees as we left!!! It was funny watching him adjust to the chill--he would suck in his breath which caused his whole tummy to scrunch in. Ultimately, he did get more comfortable and very wet, but I think it will definitely take a few more trys before any "running around with reckless abandon." That's OK, I don't think it will be too long before we're out there again. Nothing beats a free escape from the heat.

No comments: