Monday, May 17, 2010

Popsicle Progression

A few weeks ago, we gave Jake his first popsicle (at least at our house; I think he's already had popsicles with the grandparents!). Our intent was for him to share a popsicle with Daddy after a hot and busy day. Once he discovered the joy of the popsicle though , he wasn't so aggreable to the "joy" of sharing. Anyhow, this is how it went:

"Yum, yum! I think I like this thing. Grape tastes pretty good" "Ooohhh, Mommy let me try her cherry one. That's pretty good too. Whatever should I do?"
"I guess I should let Daddy have a taste. Mommy told me to share with him, afterall. It won't be too bad if he gets a few licks."
"Ummmm, I see Daddy eyeing my popsicle. I'm not so sure I like this. What's so great about sharing anyway? I wonder what I should do."
"YES! I made a quick escape. Now it's mine; all mine!"
"It still tastes awfully good, but it's kind of lonely keeping the popsicle all to myself. Daddy does look kind of sad back there. Plus, Mommy is right here telling me to share with Daddy. Should I listen to Mommy?"
"I'd thought I would go back to 'sharing' with Daddy. Don't tell Mommy this, but the real reason I went back is because I needed help with this pesky stick. Man, I sure liked that popsicle! Maybe I can have one everyday."

No comments: