Tuesday, December 22, 2009

"WALKIN' in a Winter Wonderland"

Texas may not be considered a "winter wonderland," but Jake is officially walking around!!! He took his very first steps last Tuesday, and each day since has progressively improved. This morning he walked clear across the Lawson's living room.

I wanted to make sure I documented this special occasion before the holiday hustle bustle officially takes over and walking becomes old news. Jake and I are currently in Gainesville with Kevin's parents. The rest of the family will be arriving later today and the festivities officially begin. I am so excited for this Christmas! This time last year, Kevin and I were taking it easy, just the two of us, waiting for Jake's arrival. Last year was also a very special Christmas for us...probably the only time for a very long time we'll spend it alone, but this Christmas is one filled with family celebration and I love it! We have experienced unmeasurable blessings this year, and it's overwhelmingly emotional for me to reflect on that. I am so thankful to God, and of course, Jesus' life and sacrifice. I love that this is not only a special family time, but also a special time to reflect on the meaning of my faith.

It will probably be a while before I get to post again since we're not returning home for another week. Have a wonderful Christmas and please stop to remember the true reason for this special time of year.

3 comments:

myra said...

Yea Jake! What a fun Christmas ya'll will have!

Charis said...

Woohoo! Go Jake! Can't wait to see him walking, although I know that means he's just getting closer to going into a different class from Levi at church :(

Also, I saw your pics on Wendi's blog. You sure did look like you were having a fun, nice break from your mommy duties. Merry Christmas!

Kim P. said...

That's so exciting! Can't wait to see it in person! Soon he'll be chasing Ryan around =)