Sunday, September 19, 2010

Our Saturday Morning

Cedar Park held the BYDEE Art Festival at Milburn Park this Saturday. Kevin was coaching, so Jake and I decided to head out and see what it was all about. I was pleasantly surprised by this quaint Cedar Park Festival. It was really great for young children. There were several booths where kids could make FREE arts and crafts! Jake was just a big young for some activities, but we still managed to come out with his own mini maraca and this air glider... As you can see, this is a very simple design and after my first look I thought there was no way it could ever fly; but I was wrong, it actually can fly just a little...
I brought our lunch so we picniced together and afterwards I planned to go back to the festival to walk around the booths. Jake had a different plan. He saw the playscape and pointed toward it, asking, "Please!" So, I pointed to both sides of the park and gave him a choice: one side playground, one side festival. Here's what he chose...
He had a great time playing for the rest of our time at the park. He's definitely a big boy now at the playground and goes on everything all on his own.
He even climbed this on his own. The first two times up, I was kind of nervous and had my hand underneath him the whole way up, but he proved he was perfectly capable with both successful attempts, so the next time around I stopped my overprotectiveness to capture some pics...

I honestly can't believe he's this big, but I guess it's really true!

No comments: