Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Busy Week

This has been a super busy week for us. After great family time with Daddy on the Monday holiday, we spent Tuesday morning at our friend, Cyndy's house. She had invited us over to go swimming, but that was before the torrential downpour started. We had to nix the swimming idea, but had lots of fun inside. Cyndy has 3 grown sons and she let us play with some of their cool stuff. Jake got his first try with a real guitar, not just the toy variety. Look at that hand placement; he's quite the natural...
I also 'finished' our latest house project; converting our office into a playroom. Before the conversion all of Jake's toys were in bins in our living room. I'm very happy to have my living room back and have a special place for Jake to play. I say 'finished' because I hope to add some more details later, but I'm very happy with the new space...The chest in front of the window was Kevin's toy chest when he was little, and it's handmade by Kevin's grandfather, so this part of the room is especially special.

We also had the first Wednesday morning Bible class, the first day at my new job, and the first day of Jake's preschool. My new job is helping with childcare one morning a week at a nearby church, so it's very low key. The facilities are super nice, Jake has fun, and it's a nice way to get out of the house and bring in a little money. Preschool was the biggest "first" of all, so more on that in my next post.

No comments: