Tuesday, February 2, 2010

13 months

Jake turned 13 months old today. I decided I'm going to continue posting each month on his "birthday" until he turns 2. He's still my baby boy. It's increasingly more difficult to get a good pic, but here's our big 13 month old. Once again, the HEB Buddy balloon comes to the rescue for pictures...
Jake is such an amazing little boy. Yesterday, we were at Kevin's basketball game. By the 4th quarter, Jake could not stand to sit still in the bleachers anymore. No amount of snacks or coaxing could keep him still, so we were out in the hallway so he could walk around. As he was walking all around the halls looking as comfortable as can be, a gentleman said to me, "He looks like a handful." Well, maybe he is a handful, but in the best ways possible. I'm happy he's full of energy and loves to move around and see new things. I love the way he watches people and explores. I love that he has a mind of his own, even if that mind creates some challenges for us (like the little tantrums he can throw when he doesn't get his way). He's full of life and energy, but is also sweet, gentle and loving. I thank God for his unique personality everyday, and I'm happy to be mom to such a joyous "handful."

No comments: