Saturday, January 16, 2010

The reason...

...I haven't blogged in a while is my camera is broken :-(. I made the mistake of trying to multi-task and take a picture while holding Skylar on the leash while we were on a walk. A tug on the leash from Skylar, and the next thing I know, the camera hit the ground. It did not recover from the fall, and we're deciding now whether to have it repaired, or buy a new one. Until then, I sadly have no new pictures to add. Since the holidays, it's been nice to get back into our "normal life." Some of the latest happenings, in bullet format, are:

*We hosted play group at our house Friday! It was so much fun, and Jake did a wonderful job sharing his toys and his house.
*Wednesday Mom to Mom group is back! I think both Jake and I are equally happy about this. I really enjoy the time with other moms away from the kids, and I think Jake has a great time playing in the nursery.
*We've really enjoyed playing with all the new toys from Christmas and birthday. Jake loves his basketball goal, and now "dribbles." I think his other favs are the blocks and his car ramp.
*Jake just started bringing me toys and books, then sitting in my lap so that we can read/play together. I LOVE this! It's really a wonderful Mommy moment for him to come and sit on my lap.
*Jake got his first REAL hair cut. We have trimmed above his ears and on his neck before, but this time Daddy brought out the clippers! I was a little nervous at first, but am so happy we did it. Jake looks great.
*Jake's been doing so well with table food and gets to try lots of new things especially when we're out. Lately, he's enjoyed Ikea meatballs, Mighty Fine hamburger, Chick-fil-a nuggets, and a Chipotle burrito--all in bite-sized, Jake pieces, of course.
Well, since it will be a little bit before we resolve the camera issue, I'll leave you with a few more pictures from Jake's birthday. Here we are with the cake--a rocket ship, in case you can't tell...
Kevin and I got him a t-ball set. He'll need to grow into a little bit, but we're thinking he be ready to swing away by the time summer hits...Nana and Big T got him this cool rocket ship tent. He wasn't sure about it at first, but all it took was thowing his balls inside to help him muster up the courage to go inside...Papa and Grandmama got him this super cool tricycle. It is made so he will grow into it. Right now, there is a pole so he can be pushed, a seat belt and footrests. Eventually, we can remove those things and he will be able to pedal on his own. He loves it, and you can see the look of pride on his face as he gets on and holds onto the handle bars. We've been able to take it out a couple times already and it's great fun.

2 comments:

Kim P. said...

If you haven't had your camera more than a year, you might be able to get it repaired under warranty. I was able to do that even though I had dropped mine and knew it was my fault.

Joe wants to know what number Kevin used for Jake's haircut. I swear these boys live parallel lives. Pretty much all of Jake's favorite toys now are Ryan's toys too! Fun pictures!

myra said...

I gave you a Blogger Award for having such a great and inspirational blog. Check out my blog for your award.