Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A New Season

Football season is here. I'm not too excited about it, but I know there are many people who are. Here's what my two guys were doing this Sunday. Actually, Jake stayed in that position 10 minutes tops, then crawled all around and played. To Kevin's dismay, he's not very interested in football quite yet.This outfit is borrowed from Cohen, and the hat was a gift to Jake from my parents before he was born. He was definitely stylin' and exited to cheer on the Cowboys in his official gear.

What an adorable face and cheeks...
Our play group that met on Thursdays has now moved to Mondays, so yesterday we met a group at the park. The weather was AWESOME!!! Jake and I stayed there for about 2 1/2 hours because I personally couldn't get enough time outside in the cool breeze.

A day filled of fun with friends meant two shorter than normal naps. I knew Jake had to be exhausted, but he was handling it like a trooper until....


he fell asleep right in his high chair at 6:30!!!! This was the first time he's done this and it was so precious. We didn't want to let him go to bed 2 hours early (mostly because I don't want to wake up 2 hours earlier), so we woke him up with a nice bath. Somehow, that re-energized him and he was happy as can be until his regular bed time. What a great day!

3 comments:

Briana said...

Go boys! Bubba had the same cowboys one-piece. :) I have a picture of him in it at 6months! he was a chunk. Jake looks great in blue, and he's picked a good team to support.

Wendi said...

He is so cute!!! :)

Charis said...

What a cute pic with the hat and the cheeks. He's precious! And that's so funny that he fell asleep in his chair. Playing can be hard work!