Monday, September 28, 2009

Friends and Family

Once again, we got to enjoy a nice weekend balanced with both friends and family. My parents were in town for a few days visiting Jake, so of course, he was spoiled with lots of love and attention as well as a few new toys. Here he is showing off... On Sunday, we headed to Brenham, TX, where my dad grew up, in order to celebrate my great uncle's 100th birthday!!!! Here's Jake with his great, great uncle Herbert.I've often heard it said that "Behind every great man, stands a great woman." Well, the case is true with Uncle Herbert. He is still happily married to his wife of over 70 years (sorry, I don't know the exact number). Aunt Meta is the young age of 91. Uncle Herbert likes to joke that he robbed the cradle! It's amazing to see a couple celebrating so many years together and to be in a room filled with people who love them. They will truly leave a legacy that displays love for each other and family.
On the friend side of things, our good friends, Wade and Wendi, came into town last minute to hang out. Somehow I didn't get a single picture with them, but you can check out Wendi's blog, and you might see some pics from their Austin weekend. The guys, Cody, Wade, Kevin, and Stephen cheered on the Longhorns in the hot sun. Go Horns!Jake and I spent some time with the girls, but the only picture I ended up with is this one...
The Dishmans' two dogs, Taco and Queso, LOVED licking Jake. It was hilarious! I think they were licking the remnants of Jake's dinner, or maybe they think he's just super sweet all by himself. Either way, Jake handled it well and it made for a good laugh.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

I know - what a fun weekend! We miss ya'll. I do have some pictures, but haven't found the time to post them. Maybe sometime soon! Have a good week.

Chez said...

Hehe. Taco & Queso were in puppy heaven. :)

I can't believe how long they've been married! I hope I get to be married to Cody for 70+ years!