Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The countdown is on....

Well, I can't figure out how to get the underline to go away, so I'll just work with this. Each passing day brings us closer to our baby boy and lately, there have been several things that have made that more of a reality. First of all, we finished the nursery. Wendi--I hope these pics make you happy.

One of my parents generous gifts to Jake is his bedroom furniture. The plan is for this furniture to last a long time. The crib is convertible and we went ahead and got a matching dresser and nightstand. Thank you, Mom and Dad--the nursery really looks great!

My mom made the alphabet cross stitch when she was pregnant with me---in 1979!!! It really means a lot to me that I can have it as part of Jake's nursery.

We were really blessed by our realtor, Melanie Smith (who I highly recommend), because she's letting us borrow this glider. It's in great shape, and we didn't have to spend a dime. Also, if you look closely, there is a pair of boots on the shelf--they belonged to me! That's right, hidden somewhere inside of me is a cowgirl ;-)

Our changing table came from Kid to Kid, which a really nice resale shope. It was just what we were looking for, and we got a great deal.

I've also been going to the doctor weekly. At week 36, she estimated Jake's weight to be 6 pounds and 7 ounces, which means he should weigh approximately 8.5 pounds by my due date. At week 37, she said I was dilated 1 cm. This week (week 38), I'm still dilated 1 cm. but she said he's moved down. Now, we're just waiting for nature to take its course.
Lastly, I finished work on Friday. I love my job, but the discomfort of the pregnancy led me to counting down the days where I could take it more easy. I can't believe that day is actually here. Unfortunately, I do have some work I had to bring home with me, but hopefully I finish up with everything soon.
We're going to have a very laid-back Christmas with just the two of us. We decided this is the only time in our entire lives when this is a possibility, so we saw Kevin's parents this last weekend and mine are coming this next weekend. I really appreciate our families honoring our wishes and understanding the importance of these last few days as "2."

6 comments:

Kim P. said...

Wow...the nursery looks GREAT! I almost called yesterday to see if I could come by and see it, but since I'm still getting over my cold stuff I didn't want to expose you to anything. I can't wait to meet baby Jake! I hope you and Kevin have a fun, relaxed Christmas!

Chez said...

Looks amazing!! Jocelyn asked me yesterday if you've had the baby yet - it's so cute, I think they're all really excited! I said I'd text them all when you do. :)

Merry Christmas! Hope you guys have a great time together!!!

myra said...

Thanks for keeping us updated! I had just asked Kim yesterday what was the scoop with you. I guess I could have emailed you for that though ;). Jake is just going to love his new room. It looks great! Can't wait to meet Jake, even if it is from 2000 miles away. We're praying for you as you get ready for Jake to arrive.

Amanda said...

We are so happy that your baby boy is almost here! We have prayed for him a lot and will continue to so he will arrive safely.

Wendi said...

YEAH!!!!!! Thanks for posting pictures of the nursery! It's so cute!! :) We're keeping y'all in our prayers and can't wait to see pictures of baby Jake. Love you!

Noelle said...

Your or I should said Jake's nursery is SOOOO cute. I love it. You look great too. Merry Christmas! I hope y'all have a great one together....next year will be lots of fun.