Monday, January 12, 2015

1st Tooth!

 As I mentioned in a previous post, Jake lost his first tooth over the break!  Even though the time period leading up to it coming out was a little stressful (for me, not him) with the adult tooth coming in so quickly with little wiggling from the baby tooth, luckily it was pretty painless and low key.  Here's Jake's before shot (taken outside the dentist the week before)...

Here's the after shot...
 Jake was super excited about the tooth fairy.  He has a Tooth Fairy Tales book so we can document each tooth and write messages back and forth to the Tooth Fairy.  We filled it out before going to bed and the book asks "What I image the Tooth Fairy looks like:"  Jake replied, "Golden with long feathers and a golden hat, and a couple wings that are short  I think he's a boy and about [shows his fingers about an inch] this tall."

Jake also wrote him this note, "Dear Tooth Fairy, Can you make my tooth fly?  And make it have eyes? and a nose and mouth and feet and arms?  I want my tooth to have a Santa hat.  Thank you for coming to visit me.  Love, Jake"

I guess that's the kind of letter the Tooth Fairy gets when it's Christmas time and there are pictures of flying teeth in the Tooth Fairy Tales book!  Luckily, the Tooth Fairy was nice enough to write back a teeny tiny reply with an imprint of her wings and leave a special gift...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awww! Jake's description of the Tooth Fairy is so adorable. When I was a kid, I imagined the Tooth Fairy to somewhat look similar to Tinkerbell. His description is a lot more creative. Hahaha! Anyway, I'm sure a new big boy tooth will be settling into its place soon. Just make sure that he keeps on brushing those pearly whites regularly. Thanks for sharing that! All the best! :)

Alexis Jensen @ Kelleher Ortho