Thursday, August 21, 2014

Luke-16 months

Luke just turned 16 months old.  He is is smiley, silly, mischievous, hungry little guy.  I definitely can't imagine our family and my world without him.  Here are some things about our guy...
 
*He can be mischievous.  For example, when I'm trying to get him dressed, he'll pull his clothes in the opposite direction of what we need and then laughs uncontrollably.  He often knows when he has something he's not supposed to have and the minute I look at him, he grins and giggles.
*He's so loving.  He loves to hug and kiss.  He loves to back up into my lap and sit down.  The lap sitting melts my heart.
*When he's hungry, he'll stand in front of the fridge or pantry and fuss and cry.  He can already open the pantry door!  I foresee child safe door knobs in our future (something we've never had) b/c he's constantly pulling stuff out of the pantry.
*He's recently really interested in climbing on Jake's bathroom stool, grabbing Jake's toothbrush and playing in the water. 
*He LOVES playing with all the things in Mommy's bathroom drawers.  This love has caused a little struggle between us.  He wants my lotion, my makeup, my toothpaste, my everything in the bathroom; and it's all off limits.
*We've been reading more together and he's enjoying books more.  He LOVES touch and feel and books that have flaps.  He wants to read those over and over.  If it's a regular book, he loses interest about halfway through.
*He has a funny habit when he's tired.  It looks like this...

And especially like this because he likes to feel the fabric on his face. When we see this, we know it's time for sleep...

*He knows just a few words: Mama, Dada, Papa, go, hi, ball.  The words might be few, but he is really good at head nodding; both yes and no.  He definitley communicates with that head.
*He can say "ruff, ruff" for a dog and likes making that noise.  I've also heard him say "baa" for a sheep, but it's a lot harder to get him to say it.
*He makes a high pitched shrieking noise when he wants something or is frustrated.  I'm not going to lie, it's a tough, annoying noise.
*At times, he can be really clingy and pull and push on my legs for attention.  This is most common when I'm fixing dinner.
*He has the most awesome grin. I can't help but smile when I see it.  It looks like this...

*He's getting his molars, however only has two teeth in the front bottom.  For the longest time, he only had the top four and bottom 2.  This adds preciousness to his grin b/c he shows lots of bottom teeth.  The other lowers are coming soon, but I just love his smile right now.
*Jake and Luke are awesome brothers.  They can play for extended periods together; and it's common to hear them both giggling.  Luke and I are really going to miss him once school starts.  Jake is Luke's idol, playmate, entertainer, and Mommy's best helper!

No comments: