Monday, August 25, 2014

Lawson Luau

 During a trip to Dollar Tree, Jake asked me what some items were. I answered, "those are decorations for a Luau party."  Jake's immediate response was, "I want to have a luau party."  So, after talking about what a luau is and hearing his excitement, I was sold.  Thus began our preparations for a Lawson Luau.  Jake knew exactly who he wanted to invite: Aidan and Joaquin.  This request melted my heart because these are two of his favorite friends from Wednesday mornings at Westover.  With no Wednesday mornings in the summer and Kindergarten starting in the fall, I knew Jake wouldn't see these friends hardly at all so I definitely wanted him to have this opportunity.  We bought all the necessary luau Dollar Tree decor, planned a menu, got out our Hawaiian shirts, and invited our guests.  Our party included the limbo...
A Bible story at Jake's request (again, melt my heart)...

 We also had lots of fun playtime, yummy pulled pork sandwiches, Hawaiian punch, tropical shebert, Hawaiian cups and leis to take home, and this party animal...

No comments: