Saturday, February 9, 2013

A Little Birthday Basketball

In lieu of a party this year, Jake chose to go to a UT basketball game with his two favorite friends; his cousin, Cohen, and school friend, Nicolas.  Everyone's schedule didn't align until this weekend, so we did a little birthday celebrating exactly one month after his birthday.  We started off the night at our house with Jake's favorites, pepperoni pizza followed by cake and ice cream.  He requested a strawberry cake, and I surprised him with this design...
Of course, he opened his presents...
And then, we headed to the Drum for the main event: UT Longhorns vs TCU Horned Frogs.  Cassy and I both attempted several shots of the boys outside, and Jake's eyes were closed in every one!  (He truly has flash sensitivity)  I still want to post this pic b/c they boys still look adorable and I love the cool background...
I was very pleased by how well Jake managed both friends and how well they all got along together considering Cohen and Nicolas just met.  I think they all had a blast, and I can't think of a better way for Jake to have celebrated #4!  It was a great night with family and friends, and to top it off the Longhorns won!!!  Here are the handsome guys once again...

No comments: