Wednesday, December 12, 2012

No more hiding it...

If you read this blog, I think there's a 99% chance you already know the biggest news in our household.  We're expecting a new baby boy April 17, 2013!  I think I've held off so long in posting about the pregnancy because I tend to get very emotional (and long-winded) when thinking and sharing about the gift God has given us in this pregnancy.  I know we are blessed, and I know there are so many other families who hope, pray and dream of this blessing with seemingly no answer.  There are also those who feel their hope is answered to only have their sweet child taken from them before even meeting them face-to-face.  I'm sensitive and empathetic to those hopes, desires and hurts, especially to those I know and love personally.  To keep on track, I think I'll just share an excerpt from an e-mail we sent to close friends announcing our news several months ago...
 
"All I know for certain is that God is in control of our family and that He has a plan for us. The journey we have been on these last two years has been an emotional one, but one that has been bathed in such prayer: by us, our friends, family, and our church family. I know God has been listening, and I know He answers prayer. Although I don’t understand this timing, I feel honored and humbled to once again be a part of the miracle of a child."
 
Since that e-mail we've learned we're having a boy and we couldn't be happier!  I'm so excited for Jake and can't wait to see him grow and develop in new ways as a big brother.  We unveiled the news to him with a couple presents and a cupcake with blue frosting.  Here's his big brother blue cupcake face...

1 comment:

Wendi said...

Congrats on another boy!! YAY!