Monday, September 5, 2011

return to P. A.

My parents took Jake and I on a final summer trip back to Port Aransas. For me, the trip wasn't so great--I began feeling sick the first day and by the second day was in the emergency clinic where I learned I had something called adenovirus. It wasn't until the last day when I was actually able to get out and really enjoy myself. For Jake, on the other hand, the trip was great, and that was really the most important thing. He had fun doing lots of things. He had a fun time eating. Here he is at a restaurant one night...
You can't tell what he's holding in this one, but it's a fried oyster! My dad got them for an appetizer and Jake loved them! What a crazy boy...
He had a fun time playing in the ocean...He went to the beach everyday. My parents would ask him, "Where do you want to go? To the pool, beach, or fishing?" and he chose beach every time. Here's what he does when he is finished with the camera...He had fun feeding the seagulls. We weren't allowed to feed them on the balcony this time, but Jake still kept them happy on the beach...He had fun playing in the sand...He was COVERED...He had fun building sandcastles with Mommy (when I was actually able to get out)...We're hard at work...This picture is for Daddy b/c we know you love this style of sandcastles. We missed you so much! Jake made the one in the very front all by himself....Jake had fun using this bamboo as a bat to play baseball on the beach...and of course, he had fun spending lots of time with Papa and Grandmama! Thanks for a great trip!

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Kel,
I cannot believe how absolutely precious all your pictures are. I cannot believe how much he has grown. I can't wait to see you guys next week!!! Love love!!!