Sunday, June 27, 2010

Animals

Last week Jake and I spent some time with my parents. The main highlight of the trip was going to Fossil Rim Wildlife Center in Glen Rose, TX. The main highlight for Jake might have also been playing with all his cool toys at Papa and Grandmama's house, but this was the highlight for me at least. It's the kind of wildlife center where you drive in your car and have feed you can toss out to them. We saw lots of animals including zebras... ostriches...
deer...
whatever these things are...
and my favorite, giraffes...
The giraffes were the only animals you were allowed to feed by hand. You were supposed to toss the food on the ground for all the others. If you look really closely at the bottom of the next picture, you will see my hand feeding him. It was so cool!
Jake got to ride in our laps since we were going along so slowly to see all the animals. He was a little apprehensive about the animals, but did seem very interested. I tried to get him to toss the food out, but he refused, and handed it back to me to toss.
Thanks Papa and Grandmama for a great week!

No comments: