Thursday, November 19, 2009

The season begins...

Tonight we went to our first basketball game of the season. Jake did great. He sat on my lap the entire time (except for a break during half time for dinner, then an encounter with a mouse...more on that later) taking it all in. The first half he was just looking, looking, looking all around, then finally by the time the 2nd half came, he was smiling and clapping. I took lots of pictures by holding the camera out in front of me hoping to capture something decent. This pic was near the beginning of the game. He definitely looks unsure of the situation... "OK, this is pretty cool. I guess I'll consider clapping for the Leander Lions..."
A view from our eyes...
"Oooohhhh...whatever this is, it's pretty exciting. I'm going to keep clapping..."
He also started holding his hands up in the air. It was especially cute when a player was shooting a free throw. We both held our hands up, then said, "Swiiiiish!"
"Yes! We made it, we made it!!!!"
The game was going pretty good for the "good guys" right up until the end, then it was time to look a little worried...
Unfortunately, the Leander Lions weren't able to finish through with a win this time, but we definitely had fun anyway. Just one final pic, just because I love those chubby cheeks...
Go Lions!!!!!
Oh yeah...the mouse. As Jake was sitting in his umbrella stroller on the bleachers eating dinner, I saw something move out of the corner of my eye. My first thought was, "I think that was a mouse. No, surely it wasn't a mouse. Could that be a mouse?" Well, sure enough, it was a mouse. Not being a fan of any rodents, especially the uncaged variety, and with thoughts of a mouse jumping in my baby's lap, I immediately grabbed his entire stroller and moved to the bottom of the bleachers. My reaction had caught the attention of another basketball team sitting in the bleachers, so a group of teenage boys then proceeded to chase after the little visitor. Ultimately, I think they killed it, although I don't know for sure because once I knew the little guy was at a safe distance I tried to block the entire situation from my mind. Anyway, pretty crazy, huh? Definitely not what I expected at a high school basketball game.

2 comments:

Chez said...

Love those cheeks!

Mouse, ugh. At lease you didn't scream, which is definitely what I would have done. :)

Kim P. said...

That is crazy about the mouse! Jake looks so cute watching the game. I think Ryan would actually enjoy watching a live game. Email me when he has a home game or one near here and we'll try to go if that's ok with Kevin!