Friday, July 3, 2009

California trip part 3

Here is the final edition of California trip pictures. These are all from the San Francisco half of the trip. The flowers were absolutely beautiful. this is Jake and I at Pier 39. It's hardly a trip to San Francisco without riding a cable car...here's our cable car experience.
Kevin and my Dad went to a SF Giants game. It just happened that they were playing against the Rangers, so they had the opportunity to cheer on the Rangers. Unfortunately, their cheering didn't lead to a TX victory, but I think the guys had a lot of fun.
The three of us toured Alcatraz. Here we are on the boat that took us to and from the island.
It was SCARY being in the prison! I told Jake I expected this to be his first and only experience in a jail cell.
One of the great things about the trip was the weather. It was perfect. Cool, breezy, with sunshine....the perfect weather to be out. Near the water and in the mornings it was cool enough to need a jacket, but because it's over 100 in Texas, we didn't really have too many clothing options to keep Jake warm. I brought every long sleeved, long pant clothing I could find that I thought might fit him, but because all his warm clothes are too small sometimes he ended up looking like a little ragamuffin. Oh well, he stayed warm, and I think he looks pretty cute even when he's not matching.
Jake looking at the sea lions off Pier 39.
Kevin and I and the Golden Gate bridge.
Kevin has a cousin who lives outside of San Francisco, so we had the chance to eat dinner with her and her husband. Jake loved cousin Tracy.
Finally, Daddy and Jake in front of the Golden Gate bridge.
We really had a great time. It was an awesome trip, Jake adapted well, the weather was incredible, and we were able to spend some good family time together. Thanks, Mom and Dad for giving us this opportunity.

1 comment:

Noelle said...

We went there for our honeymoon. It was so much fun but too cold for me. We also were dumb enough to bike over the Golden Gate Bridge. I do NOT recommend it to anyone...unless you are in great shape.