Thursday, July 2, 2009

California Part 2

Here's some more pics from the first half of our trip. This is a shot of our hotel. The flowers in front of the lobby building were beautiful. This is a view of the sunset from our balcony. Nothing beats being able to look out your window and see the ocean.
My dad loves golf and fulfilled one of his wishes to play at Pebble Beach. I went along for the ride to enjoy the wonderful view, my dad's company, and take pictures.
We stayed busy on the trip, but a big part of it was spending time as a family----with my parents and also the 3 of us. I think Kevin is the best at making Jake laugh. One way he plays with him is to "wrestle" on the bed. Jake loves it and is full of laughs.
This was our one beach visit. It was too cold for much more.
This was Jake's first time seeing the ocean, and of course, we had to get his feet wet. I tried to capture Jake's expression when his feet hit the water and I think I did a better job of capturing Kevin's expression (although Jake looked pretty similar). Needless to say, it was very chilly.
Another scenic view along our Big Sur drive.

2 comments:

Noelle said...

That picture of Kevin and Jake laying in bed should be in a magazine. That is the cutest picture! And I love the one of the sunset. Was the water cold? I can't touch the water in the Pacific. It's FREEZING!

Kim P. said...

I agree with Noelle...love the picture of Jake and Kevin in bed! Looks like such a fun trip!