Saturday, May 9, 2009

4 months---one week late

Jake turned 4 months last Saturday. Here are the pics. This one really shows his length...which seems to be pretty long. He had his 4 month doctor appointment on Thursday and here are his stats:
Length: 27 inches (95th percentile)
Weight: 14 pounds 4.5 ounces (50th percentile)
It's amazing how flexible babies are.
Everything goes in the hands and mouth.

This has been a pretty rough week for us: Jake got his first cold. The symptoms really started showing on Tuesday, but starting last weekend his usual wonderful sleeping habit was thrown completely off whack (I'm sure this has nothing to do with his first church lock-in with the sophomore huddle ;-)). To top off the waking up in the middle of the night, runny nose, coughing and sneezing, he got his shots Thursday which made for a very cranky and feverish little boy. Yesterday seemed to be better, so I hope things are on the uphill.
Despite the rough week, we have been lucky to have my parents in town to watch Jake while Kevin and I are at work. It came at a great time. My work week was crazy and I also seem to have caught Jake's cold. Kevin has had a busy week, ending with being out of town Thursday night. In addition, we had a new roof put on the house. Needless to say, it's been nice to have some extra help. My parents have been great through all the craziness and have been having a great time with Jake.

1 comment:

Kim P. said...

That first cold is rough! Hope he's better soon, and I'm glad your parents were here to help out with all the craziness. He is getting so long! I loved hearing him laugh and talk last week at lunch. He's a happy growing boy!