Monday, September 5, 2016

Birthday surprise

 Kevin surprised me with an overnight trip to Oklahoma City for some special treats for my birthday this year.  He did all the planning for the trip so I could just sit back and enjoy!  He must know me really well, because every choice he made I loved and we had a wonderful trip!  We started the fun with a nice dinner in the river walk area of the city..

 After walking around and enjoying the river walk, we headed to the main event for our trip seeing the musical Fiddler on the Roof!  I am a sucker for musicals, so this is the best present ever!  Here we are in front of the music hall...

 The next day we visited the botanical gardens.  It was beautiful and relaxing to walk around...







 Kevin knows I like trying new restaurants and ordering new things.  We tried a sandwich place that was recommended to us and it was great!  I had a really hard time deciding what to order because it all looked so good, but I decided on the Reuben with a fried egg on top!  I definitely had never eaten that before and it was delicious!  Huge, but delicious!
 We continued to walk around some cool areas of the city...
 While walking around the plaza district, we stopped for a slice of pie at Pie Junkie.  Yum yum!
 Our last stop was to visit the Oklahoma City National Memorial.  A beautiful place honoring such a tragic event...


No comments: