Wednesday, February 24, 2016

His heart

For his class Valentine's, I gave Jake 3 options for what to give his classmates: 1. go to the store and buy typical Valentine's 2. I showed him cute printables from the Internet to use or 3. make his own.  My crafty guy decided to make his own.  He had exactly what he wanted to do in his mind without any suggestions or input from us.  I helped him draw the hearts, but the cutting, decorating, and writing were all his own creation.  Here he is working hard on his cards.  He wanted the girls to have pink hearts and boys to have red...


 In case you can't read it, it says "To:**** From: Jake Jesus oves you so much." When I first saw his writing, I said, "Jake, you left out the "L" in love" to which he replied, "No, I didn't. The lollipop is going to be the L."  I couldn't be more proud of his hard work, creativity, but most importantly the message he chose to share with his classmates.  Valentine's Day is a holiday about love, and love originates from God.  So much so, the Bible tells us God IS love.  There is no greater act of love in this world than Jesus' sacrifice for us because of his love for us.  I think Jake got it right on this one and I couldn't be more proud of his sweet and tender heart!
Here's a crazy class pic at the school party...

No comments: