Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Preparing our new home

I feel so strongly that God provided our current home to us.  Finding a home in a crazy market of much older (and more expensive) homes than where we previously lived seemed daunting and even impossible, so we prayed and prayed, "God provide a home for us."  I knew this home would be the one my kids would most remember from their childhood, especially Luke.  I also knew this home would be where we would need to establish close relationships with family, school friends and neighbors.  God answered prayer with our home.  There is no explainable way in my eyes, outside of God's intervention, that we have settled in this neighborhood, in this home, so close to the places where we want to build community.  Praise and glory to God, and I want my kids to know it!  Before anything was painted or any furniture or box was moved in, the 4 of us came inside our new home to pray and dedicate our home as a place where we honor, serve and grow closer to God.  More than any painting, decorating, or settling in, this preparation of our home seemed the most important. Kevin and I chose 3 Scriptures to write on the walls and pray for our family, and we went to it...







No comments: