Friday, May 15, 2015

TWO!!!

 Luke turned 2 on April 13.  We celebrated with cupcakes at home with just the 4 of us, and I think Luke loved the attention.  We also had a special dinner with some of Luke's favorite foods.  It was mostly breakfast foods b/c he loves scrambled eggs, bacon, and strawberries, but I also threw hotdogs in the mix b/c he loves them and we rarely eat them.  It wasn't the greatest meal in my eyes, but Luke was in heaven.  Here's some pics from his birthday...
Luke loves dogs, so I did my best to make doggie cupcakes...


Awaiting his cupcake...









After we had our treats at home, we walked to a few of our neighbors to deliver cupcakes and spread birthday cheer...
Here's some things about Luke at age 2:
**For the longest time, he wasn't interested in TV, but in the last several months, he's grown to LOVE it.  It all started with Paw Patrol, and he wouldn't really watch much other than the "puppies."  Now he also loves Bubble Guppies and Dora.  He's also watched a few movies, but starts wandering around about 45 minutes in.
**He's very good at saying "thank you."  I actually probably remind Jake to say thank you more than Luke at this moment
**He loves to help me put the food on the conveyor belt at the grocery store.  I scoot him as close as possible, then set small and light things next to his seat so he can be my helper.
**When he's disobeying, one thing I'll say to him is "Luke, you need to be nice, please."  He will respond by saying, " No thank you, please, Mommy, no thank you, Mommy, please."  He may still be disobeying, but his word choice is definitely nicer.
**He's definitely more of a Mommy's boy than Jake ever was.  From a young age, Jake loved to play outside with Daddy.  When the weather is nice, and I'm cooking dinner, it was great for them to go outside to play so I can get dinner ready.  Luke is not quite the same.  He'll go outside with them, then after 5 minutes, he comes right back inside trying to get me to join them.  If I can't join them, he often just stays inside instead of playing with the boys.
*He resists getting dressed and diaper changes the majority of the time.
*He loves to sing
*He's super silly and super affectionate
*He loves to play with Jake and will follow and copy Jake.  Their play is getting better and more engaged with each other day by day.  It's beautiful to me!
*He is still a BIG boy, although he is thinning out some.  His stats from his 2 year appointment are 32 pounds (90th%) and 34.75 inches (60th %).  As a comparison, Jake weighed 28 pounds and was 34.5 inches at age 2.

No comments: