Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Last First Day

Last Tuesday was Jake's last first day of preschool!  I can't believe we just have one year before kindergarten!  Jake was super excited about school, as he's always been since he's gone.  He picked out a new outfit for the first day, and he insisted on me fixing his hair "spiky."  I have to say, he does look super cute...

 He said he had to do a silly pose...
 Our traditional front of the school  bench pics...

 Here's Jake with his teacher, Mrs. Peterson.  We happen to have a personal connection with his teacher.  She also has a 4-year-old son who was in Jake's 2 1/2 year-old class, and was his best friend during that year.  I knew from knowing her then that she taught elementary school for 6 years and has her masters in school counseling, but has taken time off to stay at home with her two sons.  Now, she's back in the classroom teaching pre-k.  I'm excited she has experience, plus I know she's super organized and communicative, and she already knows Jake.  We're off to a great start so far!

No comments: