Tuesday, May 21, 2013

1 Month

Luke turned 1 month on May 13.  He's still looking a little scrawny, but he's definitely growing.  I think I'm appreciating this stage of life even more than I did with Jake because I'm more laid back.  Even though I have to juggle more with 2 kids, I'm doing my best to enjoy Luke and take every moment in rather than taking it for granted. For our 1 month photo shoot, we brought back a special blanket of Jake's.  Our dear friend, Chez, made this when I was pregnant with Jake and we took all his monthly photos with it, so I thought I'd do the same with Luke...


Jake definitely had to hop in...
This is my favorite because of the look on Jake's face.  He looks so happy and proud...

Jake also took some photos of Luke.  I actually think his photographs turned out better than mine!





Here are the top things I want to remember about this time of Luke's life:
*How tiny and sweet he is, especially his feet.  I can't believe how small his feet are!
*How I enjoy nursing him (even in the middle of the night).  I feel a closeness to him that no one else can have, plus I love the faint baby smell there is when he's that close
*How wonderful it is to have him asleep on my chest
*How he makes unbelievably loud grunting sounds.  We're even calling him Sir Grunts-a-lot
*How he also makes sweet, soft cooing sounds
*How he curls up like a little frog
*How I like to stroke the back of his neck where his hair is...it's so soft

Happy 1 month!  I love you, sweet boy!

No comments: