Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Papa and Grandmama's house

Jake and I made a summer trip to my parents' house in June and had a great time.  My parents always have yummy things to eat, including fresh fruits and veggies, and this trip was no exception.  Fresh pineapple was one of the choices, and they had a really cool pineapple slicer so we got to try it out.  The slicer was really great and made the chore much easier than just having a knife, plus you get to suck on the core kind of like a popscicle...
Jake loved the yummy pineapple juice
My Dad has a garden (the origin of many fresh veggies) and Jake's quick to help him water and pick the veggies.  They visited the garden each day to see what was ripe and ready for picking...
Two gardnerer's with their prize tomato

Showing off a yummy cucumber
 We enjoyed swimming in the pool and enjoying my parents' beautiful backyard.  My Dad put up a slip 'n slide, and Jake LOVED it!
 We also visited a place called Clark Gardens on the west side of Weatherford and it was beautiful!  I definitely recommend going if you're ever in the area.  It felt like a hidden treasure because we were some of the only people there. 
Grandmama, Jake and Papa in front of the lilypads

 We even got really close to a beautiful swan...
Jake and the swan

Striking a pose
 Jake's favorite part was their miniature train exhibit.  I'm no expert on miniature trains, but this was the best and biggest miniature train set-up I've ever seen.  There were several trains and the tracks were both inside and outside surrounded by beautiful landscaping.
Jake in front of "downtown Weatherford"

Just one shot of the tracks

No comments: