Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Our Getaway

If you're reading this blog just to get a glimpse of Jake, then you'll be very disappointed in this post, b/c I'm just going to talk about Kevin and me. My parents took Jake on a little trip to Galveston and while Jake was gone, Kevin surprised me with an overnight trip to San Antonio! It was super sweet and just what we needed. Kevin had to work a couple hours in the morning, then we hit the road to SA. Our first stop was the Botanical Garden. It's really nice, and because it was a Monday afternoon and a little dreary outside we basically had the place to ourselves. Doesn't get anymore romantic than having an entire garden to yourself. Here I am in front of some crazy chair art...
A little pose in front of the scenery...
The only downside to being just about the only ones there was there was no one to take a picture of the two of us. We decided to take a self portrait on the same steps we took a picture on about 9 years ago. Such sweet memories...
One of the greenhouses was filled with steam/fog. So much so you could literally only see about two feet in front of you. We had a lot of fun being silly finding our way through the fog...
They had a special exhibit about butterflies. It was really nice, educational, and interactive. Here's Kevin in a life sized chrysalis...
And here's what I would look like if I were a butterfly trapped in a spiderweb...
Just some of the beauty....
Our getaway also consisted of dinner and walking on the Riverwalk, a movie and a nice night in a hotel. I think I was enjoying myself too much to remember the camera, but it was a wonderful time with my wonderful husband. Thanks for such a sweet and perfect surprise, Kevin!

1 comment:

myra said...

So fun! Glad you were able to do that.