Monday, October 31, 2011

Family Day

I am blessed with an amazing husband. Jake and I love spending time with him, and we're blessed that he takes off work a couple times a school year just so we can have a special family day together. These days he takes off mean so much to me as a mom and a wife. On this day we headed down to Austin, played in the park, then ate at Hut's Hamburgers. Here's Daddy and Jake waiting for the yummy hamburgers to arrive...
Here's Mommy and Jake with proof that every once in while our family does break out of our northern bubble to hit some Austin hot spots...For a special treat after our hamburgers, we headed down S. Lamar to Gourdoughs Doughnuts and it WAS NOT there! I was shocked and very saddened. My heart and tummy had to get over the devastation and make do with Hey Cupcake! Not a bad trade-off. Jake picked the flavor: vanilla with chocolate icing, and we shared in the deliciousness. What a great day!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Cute pics! Looks like a fun day. Now let's get down to the important stuff ;) Did Gordoughs Close completely or just move? This is serious business. I LOVE that place.