Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Educational Fun

I definitely don't classify myself as an educator. I am in no way cut out to home school Jake, and am very happy there are people who have the education and the heart to do that within a school setting. I do, however, try my best to teach him what I can at home and it's nice to be able to be a part of his learning, which is something Kevin and I always want to do. Jake's piggy bank (actually cowboy boot bank) was getting really full, so we decided it was time to empty it out for counting. Of course, the bank can do this for free, but we took the opportunity to try to teach Jake the basics of the coins and work on his counting...
He already seems to know what money is, and even if he doesn't really know, he definitely knows money is a good thing to have, so he really loved sorting and counting. When we were all finished, we even took Jake took the bank and let him take the money in himself. He was a proud boy, and we're just a tiny (more like teeny, teeny, tiny) step closer to college!

No comments: