Saturday, March 12, 2011

Boy Cousin Fun, Part 1

It's high school boys basketball state tournament time again at our house, which means Kevin and the guys are off watching lots of b-ball. This year, Chad brought Cohen along too, and Jake and I are thrilled. The boys have been having so much fun together, and it's a joy for me to be able to witness and participate in the fun. Jake couldn't be happier to see Cohen when we came home from church on Wednesday night...
On Thursday, we met up with some friends to visit the Austin Nature Center. It was our first time there, and it's definitely a great, free place outing very appropriate for young ones...
They have one room where you're able to see and touch all sorts of cool things from nature. Here are the boys checking out some turtle shells...
I asked them to look at me for a picture, and this is what I got...
Here's our group for the day: Nash, Anderson, Cohen, Maizie, and Jake...
They have a great dino dig that the kids loved. What's not to love about a huge sand pit?
To top off all the cool things for the kids including animals and dino dig, it's really beautiful. There was a nice stream and trails to walk on. I'm sure it will look even more beautiful in about a month when things turn back to green...
After the Nature Center, we headed over to picnic near the Zilker playground, then we rode the Zilker Zephyr train. I did not get a good pic of the boys on the train. Here's the best I got; some proof that we actually rode the train...
Our attempt at a cute posed shot...
As I said, it was a joy for me to spend time with these two boys, and something that doesn't happen very often. More than anything, this melted my heart...
I promise I didn't even ask them to hold hands, they just did it. Such cousinly love. I think the boy variety of cousinly love also includes plenty of wrestling because there's also been lots of this happening at the house. They LOVE to tackle and wrestle. Boys will be boys, I guess...
Our first full day together was wrapped up with a much needed bath. A little bit of the dino dig definitely made it back to our house! They boys couldn't resist showing off their post-bath crazy hair!

No comments: