Monday, April 5, 2010

Shorts and Tennis Shoes

I can't even describe how happy I am for warm weather and the ability to spend our days playing outside. I know mid-July will ultimately hit, and I'll be wishing for cooler temps, but for now we're just happy enjoying Springtime. There's something super cute about a boy in his shorts and tennis shoes... Even cuter...a boy, his shorts and tennis shoes, and his dog...The other day while enjoying the park, Jake made his way up the steps to the big cylinder slide. He's gone down the slide before, but always with another adult at the bottom. I thought we'd give it a try on his own, and the end result was a crying little boy covered in yellow pollen. There is a film of yellow pollen EVERYWHERE in our neighborhood, and I guess Jake's little body was the first to "wipe" off the slide. He somehow managed some kind of flip as he was going down, which resulted in the crying, but also yellow on all sides of him. Here's how he looked at me as I did my best to comfort and console him. Yes, he's tearstained and yellow stained, "Thanks a lot, Mommy"...
It's hard to tell in the picture, but I took this one to try to capture the extend of the yellow pollen mess. It is all up and down his shirt and shorts. Luckily, Jake's quick on forgiveness, so we were able to leave the park seemingly unharmed and happy...

No comments: