Sunday, March 22, 2009

Bittersweet

Those of you who follow this blog are probably thinking...Wow, she's had a lot of entries in the last couple days. Yes, and the reason is two-fold. First, we have been busy so there's lots to share. Second, and sadly, I am returning to work tomorrow and I know I will not keep up with the blog nearly as much when I'm working. I have very mixed emotions about returning to work, and I can't write this without tears welling in my eyes. Motherhood has changed me like nothing else in my life, and my family means the world to me. We made the decision for me to return to work after much prayer and strong feelings that things are working out in a way only God can provide. I literally cannot ask for a better childcare situation for Jake. A good friend of ours, Sarah Brown, will be taking care of him at our house. Those of you who know Sarah already know she has a special gift for loving and caring for babies. Jake is in the best possible hands. I have no doubt Sarah will love and care for him as if he's her own.

Here are some pics for everyone's Jake "fix." We put him in the Bumbo seat for the first time. He seemed to like it and did pretty well. His head is still a little wobbly at times, but overall, he has good control.
Jake has been smiling a lot more. A baby's smile has to be one of the most adorable things in the world. It's hard to be upset when you're flashed one of these.
One last pic showing off those big blue eyes. Jake, I love you so much. Mommy will miss you.

3 comments:

myra said...

Good luck starting back. It will all be okay. I'm sure you're feeling lots of emotions about it. And if I were in your shoes there is no one else I'd rather take care of my child than Sarah B. That's awesome that worked out.

I'll be praying for you as you transition to a working mommy.

Kim P. said...

I hope your first day back went ok. I can't imagine how hard it is, but yes, Sarah will take awesome care of Jake! Those pictures are just too precious. Love the smile =) He's growing up so fast!!

Noelle said...

Jake is getting so big. Luc has both of those onsies Jake is wearing. haha PLEASE call me if you want to talk/vent about work. I know it is so hard...even with a one year old it is so hard.